Education, Advanced Certification & Honors
- Contributions to the field of psychology have been recognized by election to status of Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the Georgia Psychological Association.
- Clinical expertise has been recognized by election to status of Fellow of the American Academy of Clinical Psychology.
- Board Certified in Clinical Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology.
- Undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Michigan.
- Doctorate in Psychology with a specialty in clinical psychology from the University of Michigan.
- Director of adolescent and adult inpatient programs of a Psychiatric Hospital in Nashville, TN
- Director of the outpatient services of a Community Mental Health Center in Charlottesville, VA
- Chief Psychologist of a Community Mental Health Center in Howell, MI
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry (Current), Vanderbilt University Department of Psychiatry. Nashville, TN
- Instructor (Current) for the Advanced Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Program of the Nashville Psychoanalytic Study Group.
- Supervisor for Chinese therapists through the China American Psychoanalytic Alliance.
- Professor, Program Chair, Dean, Georgia School of Professional Psychology. Atlanta, GA
- Research Associate Professor of Psychology, Vanderbilt University Department of Psychology. Nashville, TN
- Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Virginia Department of Psychiatry. Charlottesville, VA
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry. Ann Arbor, MI
- Presented at professional meetings — nationally as well as in Europe and Scandinavia — on the topics of psychotherapy practice, training, and research.
- Authored or co-authored numerous book chapters and peer-reviewed articles.
- Acted as reviewer and editorial consultant for numerous professional journals and publishers.
- Core Competencies in Brief Dynamic Psychotherapy: Becoming A Highly Competent Brief Dynamic Psychotherapist, with Ephi Betan (Routledge, 2013)
- Key Competencies in Brief Dynamic Psychotherapy: Clinical Practice Beyond the Manual (Guilford, 2004)
- Psychotherapy In A New Key: A Guide to Time-Limited Dynamic Psychotherapy, with Hans H. Strupp (Basic Books, 1984)